Internship Opportunity: Program Assistant
PHSA Youth Wellness Program: The Program Assistant will work alongside the Indigenous Youth Wellness team to support the development, implementation and evaluation of various wellness-focused initiatives for Indigenous youth across the province.
This will include:
- resource design,
- community engagement and group facilitation,
- utilizing social media platforms, and
- conference/workshop planning.
The Program Assistant will also work to support the implementation of two upstream wellness and suicide prevention programs (Cuystwi and Ask Auntie) that are offered part within an online environment and in part within First Nations communities or organizations.
- Strong knowledge of Indigenous communities (especially social and health areas)
- Strong social media and communications skills,
- community engagement,
- report writing, and
- the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Adobe suites an asset.
Term: Full time from September 5th, 2017 to December 29th, 2017, with the possibility of an extension.
Location: Based at 601 West Broadway, Vancouver
Preference will be given to Aboriginal applicants.
To apply, please submit your application letter accompanied with a detailed resume to Gabriella.Emery@phsa.ca.
Applications will be accepted until August 25th, 2017.
The PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
To download the PDF Posting -> click here!