Young Warrior's Quest
Welcome to the Young Warrior's Quest, which is the first phase of Cuystwi. Youth are invited to go on a wellness journey, where they will learn about identity, culture, the history of colonization, racism, and what it means to be a warrior. Once the youth complete the quest, they will be invited to become a young warrior.
Indigenous youth ages 10 - 12.
Traditional Learning Style:
- Identity - Building on interconnection of family, community and the land.
- Culture - Introduction of the concept with videos sharing cultural activities from different Nations across the province: culture is food, art, song, respecting the land, living in balance. We invite the youth groups to produce and upload their own 'culture is wellness' videos.
- Colonization - Introduces the concept, historical context, major elements and the ongoing cumulative effects on Aboriginal people: youth become aware of how it impacts them.
- Racism - Addresses different types of racism experienced by Aboriginal people, youth learn the rights of children, and skills and tools to deal with racism and bullying.
- We are all Warriors - Emphasizing personal and collective strengths and values with themes of culture, interconnection, and community. This area includes inspiring video stories of youth who have overcome challenges.
Wanna Check it Out?
Access Video Content without the Program!
Most of our videos have been uploaded to our youtube channel. Feel free to share however you'd like :)
(to see the videos specifc to the Cuystwi programming, select the "Cuystwi" playlist)